[Lazarus] German umlauts in component names

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 16:38:05 CEST 2016

Am 2016-04-02 14:38, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 2016-04-02 13:16, Santiago A. wrote:
>> similar should be done. You would need to make compulsory a command in
>> source code to tell which code set is using.
>
> As a contract programmer I already struggle working on code where
> identifiers, Class names, methods, code comments etc are written in
> non-English [I fully agree its their right to do so, as it is not
> feasible to think everybody can speak or write English]. But adding
> different character sets to the mix will massively increase that
> hurdle.

I used to strictly oppose non-english code as well. A colleague actually
managed
to convince me that there are indeed reasons for "localized"
identifiers:
in some projects the customers (usually with some industrial background)
have pretty
specific wordings or use of the language. If developers now start
introducing
their own wording (due to translating back and forth) you complicate the
communication and synchronization between business unit and development
team.
In such special cases I now "accept" said code style. (Although I still
don't
like it ;-))