[Lazarus] Suggestion for TRadioGroup documentation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 8 17:35:46 CEST 2016

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2016-04-08 15:54, Michael Thompson wrote:
>> To be fair, a TGroupBox gets things dropped in it, and both nomenclature
>> and look/feel are similar.
>
> I fully agree. As far as I can remember, even in my Delphi days I've
> made that mistake of dropping radiobutton controls on a TRadioGroup.
> Bart, it's not as obvious as you think. It's learning by error, and then
> getting used to that fact.

Or maybe read the documentation ? At least in the case of early Delphis that
would have helped. (can't comment on current Lazarus)

Thinking that you start without reading any form of documentation is an
attitude which I highly condemn.

Unfortunately, this attitude seems typical for IT.

If NASA or Airbus or Boeing engineers would use that approach,
I guess a lot of rockets, planes and whatnot would fall on our heads.

I am glad they do not seem to have this attitude.

Even cars come with a manual: usually located in the glove box, because
your average citizen manages to open that without "Quick start guide".

Michael.