[Lazarus] PDF generator: please test

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Apr 9 17:51:52 CEST 2016

Il 09/04/2016 16:47, Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
> On 2016-04-09 14:44, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
>> interesting in what determines "correct"...
>>
>> Алло мир!
>> Привет мир!
>> Здравствуйте мир!
>
> That's my point exactly. I've seen the same thing in fpGUI's translation
> files. Many different terms, all apparently meaning the same thing. Some
> were considered "old style language" others "modern language usage",
> some based on Context.

Given the context, which is to test a PDF generator, and not to find the
best way to greet the world in Russian :-) , I'd say that Здравствуйте
мир! is to be preferred, because it has a higher number of characters!
Even better would be Электро́нная вычисли́тельная маши́на, meaning "Computer".

Giuliano*
*