[Lazarus] 1 keypress gives multiple letters ONLY in program written in Lazarus in raspbian jessie Pi 2

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Apr 9 21:25:03 CEST 2016

Il 09/04/2016 18:49, JuuS ha scritto:
> Personally I had quite a fight with ibus and I finally removed it from
> my system with no ill effects. It is mostly used AFAIK with asian
> "alphabets".

There must be some problem with ibus/input methods in the Debian line,
because it would appear that more or less all recent Debian based
distro's (Ubuntu, Raspbian, ect.) show some weird keyboard behaviour,
which wasn't present in the previous versions.

Red Hat line (Red Hat, Fedora, CentOs etc.) appears to be immune from
this problem. I didn't find any complaint of this type on Internet, and
when I have been forced to enable keyboard input methods to support
Chinese, nothing strange happened (except when if you forget to switch
back to English ;-) ...)

Maybe someone with a good knowledge of both worlds could find where the
problem is?

Giuliano