[Lazarus] Trying to work around "Illegal character in format string"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Apr 9 21:40:05 CEST 2016

Il 09/04/2016 21:00, Alan Corey ha scritto:
> I guess I've got to get to the bottom of why I get this “Illegal
> character in format string” error under OpenBSD.  I seem to be able to
> work around it in programs I might write by taking the Run → Clean up
> Build Files -> Clean up and Build approach.  But I don't seem to be
> able to rebuild the IDE to add help packages

If your locale is not English, it might be an error in one translation file.
You may try to switch your Lazarus to English:
Tools->Options->Environment->Desktop and set Language to English, and
then retry.

Otherwise consider to update your Lazarus to a more recent version,
because your 1.0.14 is quite old.

Giuliano