[Lazarus] Trying to work around "Illegal character in format string"

Sun Apr 10 01:54:02 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-09 20:00, Alan Corey wrote:
> Trying inf help.  Going to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpgui/files/fpGUI/Documentation/

Yes that is a bit confusing. I used to put documentation in the
"Documentation" directory on SourceForge. Now I put them in the same
directory as the fpGUI release, because it is part of the release
process. The latest INF docs can be found here:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/fpgui/files/fpGUI/1.4.1/

Filename:  fpgui_docs_inf_1.4.1.tar.gz   (1.9MB)

I've updated the website to reflect that.

> Created /usr/local/share/lazarus/components/infhelp1 and copied the infs in
> there.  How to connect to them?

You can place the INF files in any directory of your choice - I've got
mine in a directory off my $HOME directory. No need for them to be in a
globally shared (multi-user) location.

For further instructions on setting up DocView with various IDE's and
Editors, it is documented on this web page:

  http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/docview_ide_integration.shtml

The DocView help file itself [docview.inf] explains the various ways you
can use DocView and all possible command line parameters.

In your case above, you can simply add the parameter value:

    /usr/local/share/lazarus/components/infhelp1/ -k $CurToken

in the External Tools entry. That is what the Delphi 7 instructions used.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/