[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 99, Issue 32

Mon Apr 11 11:26:40 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-11 09:11, Michael Schnell wrote:
> (e.g. by using a single managed Wiki exclusively as the root
> of the articles)

Wiki's are only good for knowledge base - adding random thoughts as
pages - loosely linked together by cross-links. It is terrible as a help
format/medium.

The other problem with the wiki. Too many hands in the pot and no
control of who edits what. So somebody could add rubbish or inaccurate
information, and the next person will read that thinking it is correct.

Also there is no wiki help per Lazarus release. eg: Can I see the wiki
help for when Lazarus v1.0 was released? NO!

> is open for volunteers to provide fixes and additions
> and actually see "live" what they did without waiting for the next
> Lazarus release.

Yes, it's called "fpdoc" and have been around for years! It takes a
minute or two to generate your own help in whatever format you prefer -
HTML, CHM, INF, TXT etc. Users can contribute by supplying documentation
patches. It also solves all the above mentioned wiki problems.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/