[Lazarus] wiki page "Better_Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:08:45 CEST 2016

Am 13.04.2016 10:19 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> BTW. according to the said wiki page (at the end of the page) I am wrong
assuming that DefaultSystemCodePage is a constant introduced by the
compiler.

> Now I still don't know whether/how the default encoding for the type
"String (which is different from DefaultSystemCodePage according to the
wiki) is depending on the arch/OS the compiler is built for. (I only tested
on Linux and here it rather obviously is UTF8. I assume on Windows it's
UTF16 for Delphi compatibility).

The code pages that are relevant here are only single byte code pages (e.g.
CP1252) or UTF-8, *never* UTF-16 as a AnsiString can not store UTF-16 data.

And the DefaultSystemCodePage is determined upon startup from the system.

Regards,
Sven