[Lazarus] Source Editor font size

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Apr 22 15:59:23 CEST 2016

On 22/04/2016 13:04, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) I remember years back you could specify the editor font as a
>     positive value (point size) and a negative value (pixel size). This
>     doesn't seem possible with v1.7 any more. Why was that removed?
EditerOpts has not changed. Not sure why if fails now, maybe spinedit
changed.
Its supposed to still work, please report.

> 2) Why can't I specify point sizes with a decimal? eg: 10.5pt
>     For example: I just switched my editor to DejaVu Sans Mono (from
>     Raize) because I needed to work with unicode text. The font size
>     changed drastically between to the two fonts. DejaVu Sans Mono 10pt
>     is now too small, and 11pt is too big. I would like 10.5 (like I've
>     done in other text editors I use). Or better yet, specify the font
>     size in pixels.

Well even if font.height or size would accept them, it would be a
problem. In fact the problem exists on some OS, even without this.
SynEdit requires not only monospace, but at current it also requires
that each char a width of a full int. If that is not the case SynEdit
enforces it, but that causes very slow drawing. (and other side effects)