[Lazarus] Fatal: Cannot find IdMappedPortTCP used by xxxx

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:15:47 CEST 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:01:38 +0200, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 10:12:33 +0200
>Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> I have googled and looked at old list messages but to no avail. The
>> closest I got was someone telling me that Lazarus will handle this
>> fine if only the lpk file is opened once. So I selected File/Open and
>> navigated to the Indy10 installation dir and opened the IndyLaz.lpk
>> file and then closed it. No difference at all! The used unit cannot be
>> found....
>
>Open it once, so the IDE knows how to resolve a package name (and
>version) to the location on your disk.

Well, that was what I did to start with, but it did not help. Compile
still complains.

So what I ended up doing was to go into the Project Options and in
Paths added into "Compiler Options/Paths/Other unit files" the
following:
../../dev/indy10/Core;../../dev/indy10/Protocols;../../dev/indy10/System

Now the project builds but with this warning:
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "MapPort"
contains "/home/pi/dev/indy10/Core", which belongs to package
"indylaz"

So it seems like for some reason Lazarus now thinks there are two ways
to the Indy10 files...

So I removed the entry in the project options shown above and then I
compiled again. Now working without me understanding the logic behind
it all.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden