[Lazarus] How to clear screen in console app

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 13:44:37 CEST 2016

On 4/23/16, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I started my program in Lazarus nothing showed up at all so I had
> to google for it and then I was directed towards the menu
> "View/Debug Windows/Terminal Output" which displays a window titled
> "Console".
> This is the window I refer to and it does not behave like the real
> terminal...

Indeed it is not a terminal.
AFAIK it's a pseudoterminal based upon a TMemo or TSynEdit (too lazy
to look it up).
The code is in $(LazarusDir)/debugger/pseudoterminaldlg.pp

There is a bugreport already about it's behaviour (echoing control
characters) in http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22349

Feel free to post enhencements.

Bart