[Lazarus] controling a loop

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 12 13:04:12 CEST 2016

On 10.08.2016 15:56, Schindler Karl-Michael wrote:
>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I want to control the execution of a loop with a checkbox. If the checkbox is checked the loop should run, if it is unchecked no action. I tried this with onClick:

Something like that should never be done in an "Event driven" system
like a Lazarus application.

Each event should be finished (ad the handler procedure exited) as fast
as possible.

So you should exit the procedure when the check box is not checked and
start a new execution in the "CheckBox1Change" event.

-Michael