[Lazarus] Lazarus on my ancient computer?

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Sun Feb 14 15:53:30 CET 2016

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:34:45 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>Alternatively, I run Debian "Lenny" with KDE on a number of machines of
>that sort of spec. For later Debians consider XFCE irrespective of
>system spec.

+1 from me on that one. My wife and I both run Debian (Wheezy on hers,
Jessie on mine), and she insisted on trying both KDE and GNOME before
she'd let me install XFCE on hers. The difference in responsiveness on
her older PC now that I've persuaded her to use XFCE is truly
phenomenal.

You can always run some of the programs associated with the other
desktops under XFCE if you need to, e.g. xfburn is quite a limited
program when compared with K3b.

Brian.