[Lazarus] Debian (Sid): fpc 3.0.0+dfsg-2 cannot compile lazarus trunc

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Feb 2 13:45:43 CET 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:39:59 +0100, you wrote:

>Am 01.02.2016 um 18:47 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
>> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 18:20:59 +0100
>> John Landmesser <jmlandmesser at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Is this the new FPC 3.0.0 from Debian unstable?
>>
>> Mattias
>>

>yes it's from unstable ( sid )

I've seen a couple of Debian's fpc "upgrades" break Lazarus, but I'm
running Jessie (stable). All I did to fix the problem was disallow
upgrades to either Lazarus or fpc, and I download the .debs from
SourceForge.

I do also have an installation from getlazarus that's working just
fine once someone sent me a replacement script, that's fpc 3.1.1 and
Lazarus 1.7. Once again, though, this is Jessie, not sid.

Brian.