[Lazarus] Replacing LRT format with RSJ

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Tue Feb 16 17:29:16 CET 2016

Hello.

Currently we use .lrt file to store translatable strings extracted from
forms.

This format is broken, because it cannot handle multiline
resource strings (e.g. multiline hints).

See the following bug report for details:

I propose to generate this file in RSJ format (also used by FPC 3.0.0
and up).

Therefore the plan is:

1) Remove LRT support completely, replacing it with RSJ.

2) Although generated file would be in RSJ format its extension will
be .lrj in order to avoid possible filename clashes, e.g.
when output directory is the same as project directory.

As a result people using this feature will need to remove their .lrt
files and save all affected forms again in order to generate .lrj files.
No other changes should be needed.

Any comments?

--
Best regards,