[Lazarus] Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:00:00 CET 2016

On Mon, 01 Feb 2016 13:53:30 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 02/01/2016 12:47 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Blocking sockets is where I am now...
>So Porting AsyncPro would be a great exercise :-) !!!
>
>This is an exceptionally useful tool, great open source code once done
>by a professional tea, but done in a Windows-only and outdated way (not
>using TThread.Queue, but Windows messages and "procedure... message"
>instead. Mending this and using decently portable blocking Socket and
>Com-Port (TTY) components would do the trick.

Ouch! Now you seem to have found my old thread where I was asking
about AsyncPro. I used that in Delphi including the variation that
uses TCP/IP rather than COM: as transport layer.
I used it, without really having to understand what was going on
behind the scenes...

But as you say it is Windows-only...
And very complex to hack into as well.
So I turned to Indy10 now since I don't need serial, but have to
handle the blocking sockets in a scenario similar to event driven
handling....

I will watch this!  :)

--
Bo Berglund