[Lazarus] "Test" button in project inspector

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:52:22 CET 2016

On 05/02/16 13:52, Werner Pamler wrote:
> In the Project inspector window, there is a Test button. What is it
> good for? Its function is not documented in the help file accessible
> by the Help button at the left. What's confusing is that executing
> "Test" reports this error in the Message window for all of my tested
> projects, even for an empty one:
>
> Test: Compiling an empty file: Exit code 1, Errors: 1 Fatal: Syntax
> error, "BEGIN" expected but "end of file" found

AFAIK it feeds currently set compiler options to the compiler to
see if it can find anything wrong with them;
I understand it is supposed to help finding inconsistencies with options, paths, etc.

This button or its output used to be accompanied with some explanation...
like 'note, an error compiling an empty file is expected' or so.

-L.