[Lazarus] Question about modal forms behaviour under windows

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon Feb 8 11:22:29 CET 2016

On 02/08/2016 11:00 AM, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 08.02.2016 10:46, zeljko wrote:
>> 2.Change default behaviour - minimized modal form minimizes complete
>> app. I like how it works under X11 .... eg minimizing Lazarus About
>> dialog under KDE kwin, minimizes complete app, clicking on app in
>> tray, restores app.
>
> Delphi does the same - if you hit minimize on a modal form, it minimizes
> the whole application. IMO this is the only correct way.

Thanks Ondrej. That's exactly what I want to know. I'll open an issue
about it, since it affects win32 and qt-win32 (tested last night with
lazarus trunk, fpc-3.0.0 on windows7). Question is only where to
implement this platform specific stuff, in ws or in LCL...maybe better
place will be WS, but maybe someone have different idea.

zeljko