[Lazarus] How to set defines for a project? Lazarus crashes...

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Tue Feb 9 13:50:24 CET 2016

On 02/09/2016 11:56 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 11:32:10 +0100, JuuS <JuuS at mykolab.ch> wrote:
>
>>> 'man kill' indicates that I need a <pid> value but 'man pid' returns
>>> nothing.
>>
>> use ps command (ps --help all) to get PID's.  ps aux is a good start,
>> but use grep to winnow it down.
>
> Tried this:
> pi at rpi2-jessie2:~ $ ps -u pi |grep lazarus
>  5091 ?        00:00:00 startlazarus
>  5094 ?        00:00:10 lazarus
>
> Seems to be two processes with lazarus in the name.
> Which one (or both) do I kill?

I would assume the higher PID is the child of the lower. You can also
specify --forest with the ps command and it gives ascii art tree showing
parent child relationships.

I'm no linux expert but I would kill child first then parent. But it may
be killing parent automatically kills child.?.

Then again you can use (at least in kUbuntu) the system monitor to kill
processes, right click on the entry on the processes tab.