[Lazarus] non Unicodode application

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 12 15:09:49 CET 2016

On 02/12/2016 02:38 PM, Juha Manninen wrote:
> The automatic conversion is NOT a feature of Lazarus. It is a feature
> of FPC 3.0+.

Of course I do know this. That is why I ask. AFAIK, fpc can be
configured to use the new string type or not to use it.But will this be
possible for a Lazarus application.

> If you don't want it then you can continue using FPC 2.6.4. It is a
> valid choice in some cases, thus Lazarus will support FPC 2.6.4 for
> some time to come.

This might be a possible option, but it would be better to use the
current fpc and use compile switches to have it use the "old" 8 bit
string type.

Moreover " for some time to come." is not a really helpful option.

-Michael