[Lazarus] non Unicodode application

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 12 17:52:58 CET 2016

On 02/12/2016 05:37 PM, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:

> In this particular case (of porting Delphi 7 code straight to FPC
> 3.0.0) is a matter of backward compatibility.
Yep.

Not only to D7, but also to legacy fpc and Lazarus versions, that (as we
all know) were modeled after D7 (and friends).

I think that it is *very* desirable to provide configuration options to
provide full backwards compatibility (while still allow to use as many
of the new features as possible when explicitly writing coding for this).

-Michael