[Lazarus] Simple MSSQL database connection fails from Lazarus 1.6/FPC 3.0.0...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:32:54 CET 2016

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:49:47 -0700 (MST), leledumbo
<leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:

>> Since the -dev was an "also" package, how can I get the basic freetds
>> package? Or maybe it is not really needed?
>
>Normally if you install the -dev package, the runtime one is also installed
>since it's a dependency. Try `apt-cache search freetds` to see what related
>packages are available.

THis is the result:

pi at rpi2-jessie2:~ $ sudo apt-cache search freetds
freetds-bin - FreeTDS command-line utilities
freetds-common - configuration files for FreeTDS SQL client libraries
freetds-dev - MS SQL and Sybase client library (static libs and
headers)
libct4 - libraries for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers
libdbd-freetds - Freetds database server driver for libdbi
libqt4-sql-tds - Qt 4 FreeTDS database driver
libqt5sql5-tds - Qt 5 FreeTDS database driver
libsybdb5 - libraries for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers
sqsh - commandline SQL client for MS SQL and Sybase servers
tdsodbc - ODBC driver for connecting to MS SQL and Sybase SQL servers

Seems like there are -bin, -common along with -dev...

Now heading for some SQL queries using the established connection!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden