[Lazarus] Clean and build as sudo?

Wed Feb 24 10:11:55 CET 2016

On 2016-02-24 07:00, Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> Unable to delete file
> "/usr/share/lazarus/1.4.4/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux/LazUtils.compiled".
>
> Should I run Lazarus as sudo? What are the risks?

You really shouldn't have lazarus installed in such a "shared" location
on your system. A normal user doesn't have write access, and no, I
wouldn't recommend you running Lazarus as root.

Uninstall and maybe use a different installation method so you can
choose the destination directory. I recommend installing Lazarus in
~/devel/lazarus/ for example - where you have write access. Then you
shouldn't have this problem again.

FPC is not so much a problem installed in a shared location, because
normally you don't need to rebuild FPC. But Lazarus IDE is another story
(eg: every time you install new components in the IDE, it requires a
rebuild).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/