[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Feb 24 16:39:01 CET 2016

On 24/02/2016 15:33, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:00:42 +0000, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 24/02/2016 13:10, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> When I connect via VNC from my Windows7 PC I can not enter the
>>> characters < or + via the keyboard keys into the Lazarus code editor.
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17820
>>
>> I dont know if the issue is in the LCL, or in VNC.
>> Apparently the data received from VNC does only occur with VNC. Other
>> app may not have the issue, may simply mean that they do not check this
>> particular part of the data, independent of its correctness
> Too bad then....

It doesnt mean that it cant be fixed (or if broken in vnc: worked
around) in lazarus. But no one has the time to work on it....

And the time check IIRC is there for a reason.
I believe (from what I heard) there are cases where the event for the
same keystroke can be received again, leading to duplicate input. The
time field is a way to identify this. The key code can not be used,
since event handlers can change it, and it would then be received with
the new value.
I am not sure if the origin of the 2nd event would be the OS or LCL.