[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 20:49:46 CET 2016

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I entered the startlazarus command I have set up for Lazarus 1.6
> release into the putty console after logging in and following starting
> XMing on windows.
> Amazingly I got the lazarus separate panels painted on top of my Win7
> desktop but it was not possible to copy/paste or anything and the
> windows were sluggish at best and could not be moved.

Craving managerial indulgence one last time...

Try it from a desktop Linux system. I've put a lot of work over the last
six months or so into an RPi attached to an HDTV screen for a hacker
with sight problems, the RPi didn't work but as soon as I upgraded to an
RPi2 everything came to life. That allowed me to put together a desktop
system running Debian (not Raspbian) at 3840 x 2160, that can SSH into
arbitrary Linux/unix systems and put Lazarus etc. onto the full sized
screen (i.e. not limited by the display resolution or size on the server
system) with reliable cut-and-paste. I'm also able to run some Windows
versions in Qemu hosted on x86-64, and get a desktop as a window on the
big display at 2560 x 1600 which is rather better than any physical
displays available here, although in this case there's no direct
cut-and-paste.

So the end result was a damn big screen, able to run Lazarus etc. over
SSH on any attached Linux/unix system, and able to run Windows in a
Window. The really important thing is the SSH tunneling, and I've...

> Better closing this discussion before we get purged from the list....
> Thanks for your suggestions.

..been saying that for months :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd