[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.6 Object Inspector width, how to reduce?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:21:52 CET 2016

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 04:20:30 +0100, Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net>
wrote:

>On 24.02.2016 19:23, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:19:00 +0100, Bo Berglund
>> <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A quick test:
>>> In 1.6RC2 the minimum width is about 233 pixels whereas in 1.6 it is
>>> more like 430 pixels. That is a rather big part of my total width...
>> It turns out that the code editor has also been provided with a rather
>> big minimum width! It is such that I cannot set the code editor and
>> Object Inspector to fit the screen side by side. There is a big
>> overlap that cannot be reduced.
>> How did this happen?
>
>No idea, I can reduce the width of OI to almost zero on Windows.

I just installed lazarus 1.6 in a Linux Mint 17 (Cinnamon) virtual
machine on my laptop.
In this environment I can also size the different windows fully.
So the problem I reported must be due to the platform it is installed
on (Raspbian Jessie on a Raspberry Pi2 in this case).

Note that the sizing is a problem both via remote connection
(TightVNC) and directly with the monitor hooked to the Rpi2.

Strange problem....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden