[Lazarus] IDE Desktops redesign

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Feb 26 09:01:03 CET 2016

On 26.02.2016 8:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> IMO nothing. Just remove the check "auto save active desktop" in
>> Manage desktops dialog and you always start with the same desktop.
>
> But that is not what I want ?
> I want to start with the desktop as it was where I left off.
>
> I don't use desktops now.
> So I need to use desktops, and check "auto save active desktop" to
> achieve
> what I want, after your rework ?

Yes sorry. I misinterpreted your question.

Yes, you have to check "auto save active desktop" to start with the
window layout where you left off. It is checked by default, so you don't
have to do anything.

Btw. nothing will change here, it works like this already now. You can
try to uncheck auto-save then move windows, restart IDE and you'll see
it. The "Restore window geometry" is useless if you uncheck auto-save in
Desktops.

> (not pushing any change in direction, just trying to understand what
> will happen)

No problem, I am not overly sensitive, please write any
thoughs/ideas/critics freely.

Ondrej