[Lazarus] Procedure List dialog regressions

Sat Feb 27 10:46:35 CET 2016

On 2016-02-27 02:12, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> Furthermore I wouldn't say it is that bad that Juha introduced some
> regressions during the rewrite - if you want Lazarus to be developed

I think it is pretty bad if you make changes that breaks 90% of the
functionality and then you commit your changes and don't do anything
further on it for 3 months. I will not accept such patches for fpGUI,
tiOPF and OnGuard - the open source projects I manage and maintain.
Neither will Linus do that for Linux. Why must it be okay for the
Lazarus project.

Granted, SubVersion's workflows are normally very different from Git.
With Git, developers have access to local-only commits (so doesn't need
to share immediately with the world), they also normally work in
"feature branches" and once the work is done, then merge it into
"master" (aka Trunk). This way a "feature" can bake until it is ready -
and not break things for everybody in the interim.

> If he doesn't
> fix them quickly enough for you, you can still try to do it yourself.

I implemented the Procedure List functionality for Lazarus - I know how
it works and what it is supposed to do. I'm not going to keep fixing
things that others break on it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/