[Lazarus] Form Resizing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 23:00:44 CET 2016

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:13:32 +0200, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Object Inspector is the right place to set Constraints, yes.
>Select the Constraints title and then right-click.
>The entries for setting Min and Max values has been there since
>Lazarus 1.4.x IIRC, so they are not really new any more.

I always just clicked the + before the title and it expands into the 4
boxes for min and max X and Y.
Now when I rightclick the title I get a pop-up where the two top items
are:
Set MaxHeight=280, MaxWidth=532
Set MinHeight=280, MinWidth=532

Activating either of tehse moves tghese numbers into the property
boxes and then disables the popup menu item.

In my case all the property boxes were set to 0 but tghe application
behaves like the property has been set to Min these numbers.

I also checked my formmain.lfm file to see if there were hidden
properties there but no:

object frmMain: TfrmMain
  Left = 236
  Height = 280
  Top = 166
  Width = 532
  Caption = 'GPIO port testing utility'
  ClientHeight = 280
  ClientWidth = 532
  OnActivate = FormActivate
  OnClose = FormClose
  OnCreate = FormCreate
  LCLVersion = '1.6.0.4'
  object LogMemo: TMemo

I even went as far as setting the MinWidth and MinHeight to 100 each
and then I rebuilt the application and again I could not reduce the
starting width or height from the first value.

And talking about the Object Inspector:
I cannot reduce its size either! It stays as a pretty narrow value but
still a bit too wide for my real estate. I can widen it but not reduce
it. Same as with my test program.

>> As I stated in my reply a short while ago I also have this behaviour.
>
>I don't. Just tested again.
>Somebody please bisect the guilty revision that caused the bug for you.

I don't know how I can get the revision number for Lazarus, but
Help/About shows FPC 3.0.0 as svn rev 51666

I checked out the release tag for 1.6 when I installed Lazarus 1.6.
That should be what you need to find the revision number.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden