[Lazarus] Something the examine Lazarus or applications?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 07:18:15 CET 2016

Relevant link:

http://www.codebot.org/delphi/?doc=9579

I've been submitting few patches the past few days and am considering
submitting a few more complex fixes, mostly having to do with the new
docked form editor and the new menu editor.

As I get more involved I am trying to figure out which IDE elements
(components and controls) I am looking at (or perhaps which ones are
hidden) and finding of their class names and the units to which they belong.

When I was working with Delphi extensions I wrote the tool linked at the
top of this message. The tool can either be inserted into the IDE or into
your own applications:

Basically what it does is allow you to see the entire tree of live
components in the IDE (or your application). It shows you the class
hierarchy of whatever you select along with the properties (which you could
edit), the embedded resources (lfm as text), package information, and even
an image capture of the live object if it was a control.

My question is: Does anything like this already exist for Lazarus?

I don't need all the feature I described, but it would be nice to be able
to examine the IDE to find the names of the components I am trying to fix.
For example, the main menu bar being attached to the docked form designer.

I could create a simplified version for Lazarus of the tool I linked at the
top of this message, but if something similar already exists for Lazarus
I'd prefer to use it.

Thanks.