[Lazarus] New menu designer

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Fri Jan 15 08:50:03 CET 2016

> String "composing" is still present e. g. in "Insert from template"
> dialog ("Choose template to ..." groupbox caption) and in main menu
> creation form in "add menu item" fields captions.
>
> Also lismenueditororclickheadertosortbythatcolumn string looks
> suspicious from this POV.
>
> As for lismenueditormoveseparatedeleteinsertitems: you shouldn't try to
> align text with buttons this way. It won't work with other than Windows'
> fonts/font sizes (e.g. on Linux) and other languages. Better change this
> string to regular caption like "Menu Item actions".
>
> Also I noticed that e. g. "Insert from template" dialog is not
> resizable. It is better to have resizable dialogs in order to fit longer
> translation captions (e. g. combobox caption in this case).

I started typing about this when your message landed here :)

Another problem I found is that sometimes if I click in the designer
area it scrolls the content and the bottom scrollbar is fully covered.
Scrolling down with the scrollbar on the side will slowly reveal the
bottom scrollbar. Linux/GTK2 screenshot attached...

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu