[Lazarus] Building GUI program for RPi1 on RPi2?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 11:50:00 CET 2016

I have a development system running on a Raspberry Pi2B with fpc 3.0.0
and Lazarus 1.6RC2. It works just fine. :)

Today I am faced with a problem regarding compatibility between RPi1
and RPi2...

I have this Delphi program I wrote some years ago which is used to
show a text dialog on a TV for my mother-in-law. She is deaf and
bed-bound and to communicate with her I wrote the program so it could
display a huge text on an attached TV so she can read what one types
in.
Now the XP computer it was running on is dead and I have an old RPi1B
with 256M RAM, which I could put in its place.

I used Lazarus conversion tool to bring in the Delphi7 project to my
Pi2B and it compiled and ran fine. Success here!

So the question really is if I have to do something in the
configuration of the project to create an executable which will run on
the RPi1 hardware?
The fpc compiler I have is built using the OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF flag.

Will this cause executables compiled in Lazarus to only be working in
an RPi2??

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden