[Lazarus] Cross Platform SQL Client/Editor

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 2 08:28:00 CET 2016

Am 02.01.2016 01:13 schrieb "Anthony Walter" <sysrpl at gmail.com>:

> Michael,
>
> I don't want a "visual" table builder and I'm unsure how many others do.
All I want is something to connect me to a database engine where I can then
execute bits of SQL (it executes what you highlight), which is what my
program does.

LazDataDesktop allows for that as well. I don't have it right in front of
me, but if I remember correctly there is a tab - after you're connected -
in which you can simply execute statements.

> Lazarus database desktop seems geared towards everything I don't want. I
don't see MSSQL support. I don't want to setup ODBC DSNs, I just want a
straight MSSQL connection. I don't see an simple create/test connection
screen. Right clicking in a blank list view to get a menu and then
selecting an option is just bad design. Straight off I don't see a SQL
editor either.

It *does* support MSSQL. It supports all databases that FPC supports.

Regards,
Sven