[Lazarus] Cross Platform SQL Client/Editor

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 2 20:01:34 CET 2016

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016, Anthony Walter wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks for the changes. I am checking them out and will create a new build
> to test the changes. If it works I may contribute a few changes to improve
> usability such as a connection wizard or some other dialog to guide first
> time users in creating/configuring a database connection. I know from my
> experience that I had to tweak the mssql connection to allow for statements
> such as "create database". I will test this. Also there should be a
> database selector, which when dealing with mssql allows the same connection
> to address a different database on the same server instance.

You can register a connection string dialog per category/type of database,
the current dialog is a generic one which is simply registered for any kind
of database.

But it is possible to register a specialized one for SQL server.

> Again I will check for this.

Please do.

Note that I haven't got MS-SQL server myself, so I am unable to perfom any
testing myself for this kind of server.

But Laco (Lacak in Mantis) is active in DB development and has MS SQL server
experience, I have asked him already to test (and possibly improve) the ms sql
datadict component.

But any other area: feel free to mail and suggest/ask for improvements.

Michael.