[Lazarus] New menu designer

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:21:42 CET 2016

On 1/4/16, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In the new menu editor adding a submenu to a separator is already
>> disallowed (popup menu option/toolbutton is disabled if a separator is
>> highlighted). Do you not find this?
>
> Shamefully admits: I did not check that.

Checked it. Fine.

Can I make a suggestion about the "colored space" right and below menu-items.
I found out (by chance) that clicking on it would create a submenu.
That is awesome!
A text inside the space saying so, would be a nice feature IMO.

Another suggestion: the button that deletes an item: the icon could be
changed to a trashcan (we have at least one icon of a trashcan about
somewhere). I suggest this because the minus-sign to me also suggests
adding a separator (since that means setting caption to '-').

About the "renaming caption to '-' loophole": maybe this should be
forbidden for all cases. If user tries to, then show a message saying:
"use insert separator instead", or something alike.

Overall first impression: very nice improvement (I dons'use docking).

Bart