[Lazarus] Do we really need a PaintSwastika procedure?

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:40:49 CET 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding a patch, can whomever creates/applies it insure the
> PaintSwastika procedure does not default to the Nazi symbol characteristics?

It's easy, just changing  LineWidth: Single = 0.20 to whatever
But how about backwards compatibility?
I doubt anyone is using the function, but introducing an incompatibility
requires at least documenting it.
As you know there're far more important notes to be done for the coming
Lazarus release.

Besides, Nazi's swastika should be turned by 45 degrees. The procedure is
using 0 degrees by default.
As Graeme pointed out colors don't match either.

In the end. It's not about a routine. It's about how an end user
(developer) apply it.
Maybe they're developing the very next version of Wolfenstain 3d game or
creating a historic application or whatever.
Library is a tool, it's not intended to be a cultural symbol of any kind.

thanks,
Dmitry