[Lazarus] Reducing output when building bigide?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 11:24:23 CET 2016

On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 10:06:48 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Whenever I build Lazarus 1.6RC1 bigide, using the terminal command
>> make bigide, there is a lot of seemingly unneeded screen output in the
>> form of hints regarding "Sender" not being used and such.
>
>I'd suggest that it would be very bad practice to suppress warning
>messages from trunk or an RC build.
>
>One thing which would be useful at the Lazarus level would be
>suppression of blank lines emitted by the linker. The FPC team insists
>that this is not their problem, even when the linker has been invoked
>automatically by the compiler.

OK, thanks.
It is really just an annoyance seeing these repeated warnings about
unused variables flutter through on the screen while waiting for the
make to finish. Since it is a make command with repeated executions
there is really nothing one can do about it and due to the speed and
limited size of the terminal buffer you are unlikely to ever be able
to check them afterwards in any case...

And those blank lines you mention, which just create black screens now
and then seem totally superfluous.
Anyway, no functional problem, just an annoyance.
Wanted to check if there was a switch like "quiet" or similar to make.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden