[Lazarus] Do we really need a PaintSwastika procedure?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 8 11:35:37 CET 2016

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 01:27:20 +0100
"Roberto P." <padovani.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> My 2 cents:
>
> 1) a program routine is just a program routine, like pencils or a
> paintbrush; neither of them is symbol.
> If you are not comfortable with that symbol (any symbol that can be
> offensive to anyone), you just have not to paint it and not to call the
> routine.
> Think about the difference!
> (Example to help: I know at least a way to commit a homicide, but I don't
> call that routine of mine, therefore I am not guitly of homicide)

The unit provides example functions for some common symbols, especially
drawing flags (e.g. PaintBarbadosTrident, PaintCanadianMaple).
It does not support a big amount of flags and symbols. It only supports
a few selected flags and one of them was the flag of the Nazis.
In that sense it was political and not the intention of Lazarus.

> 2) please, revert the change, just to remember to anyone what the project
> is, what the free software is.

You can still draw the symbol with a few lines of code.

Mattias