[Lazarus] New menu designer. which style do you prefer?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:09:14 CET 2016

In my opinion the top one is kind of terrible. Just look at this video:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/videos/menu-arrows.mp4

No matter where I click it always shows the same pattern: ugly blue check
board below, ugly aliased triangles to the right.

I can tell the item is going to be inserted below, because there is a
rectangle below.
I can tell the items are inserted to the right, because there is a
rectangle to the right.

The pattern inside the rectangle make no difference. It's purely a
distraction which will probably have people wondering why it's even being
drawn differently.