[Lazarus] Lazarus trunc does not compile with fpc 2.6.4 Win32

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:26:18 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 4:00 PM, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
>> Isn't it possible anymore  to compile svn Lazarus with fc 2.6.4 ??
>
> No. Latest stable is the only one that's supported, latest stable is 3.0.0.

Actually we plan to keep Lazarus compilable with FPC 2.6.4 for some time.
Typically it should support 2 last versions of FPC. It would mean that
2.6.4 is dropped when 3.0.2 comes out.
Now however the new UTF-8 system breaks existing code when it depends
on system codepage on Windows. One way to solve the problem is to
continue using FPC 2.6.4. Lazarus compilation for 2.6.4 can be
maintained relatively easily. No need to break it anytime soon.

The problematic commit was r51233 by Ondrej. I planned to fix it but
Mattias did already.

Juha