[Lazarus] Web vs desktop development

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Fri Jan 15 19:16:05 CET 2016

> I guess what it comes down to is this:
>
> For businesses web development is probably a better fit for their
> software needs.
>
> For people who are computer enthusiasts that use their computers to
> process tasks or solve problems, desktop development is probably better.
>
> What are your opinions on the subject title ?

I've always been of the opinion that the web is great for displaying
information. To use it as the central processor bugs me.

When I ask my program to do something I want the attention of the
processor. I don't want it going over the web (security issues) and then
asking for some perhaps overworked server processor time.

Then there is the issue of throughput. When I have a client executable
all I need is the data, so much less iNet traffic.

I've always been for web+desktop app. Rest of the world disagreed. Nice
to see maybe it's coming back...to sanity!

FWIW.

Julius