[Lazarus] New menu designer. which style do you prefer?

Howard hdpc at talktalk.net
Fri Jan 15 23:30:59 CET 2016

On 15/01/2016 11:04, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 15.01.2016 11:32, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
>>> I did not try making TShadowMenu a TScrollingWinControl descendant.
>>> Perhaps that would be a better option. What would others advise?
>>
>> What were your problems? In r51298 I removed all the Scroller code
>> and simply used TScrollBox for TShadowMenu and it works without any
>> problems - much better than your Scroller experiment. I tested win32
>> and Linux+Gtk2.
>
> Sorry, my apologies - I missed that you didn't try it.

Yes working fine for me (Windows 7 32bit and Linux 64 bit).
I'm relieved that such a simple change has had such a good effect, and
that no further tinkering with TShadowMenu size and positioning code was
required; and that my poorly implemented scrolling code can therefore be
dumped entirely.

Howard