[Lazarus] Building GUI program for RPi1 on RPi2?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:32:19 CET 2016

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:14:05 +0100, Michael Ring
<mail at michael-ring.org> wrote:

>You will need to create code for armv6, Pi2B is armv7

I tried by copying the program file to my new RaspbianJessie on the
RPi1B and running it, but it threw exceptions...

So I have installed the seed fpc compiler 2.6.4 on the Pi1B now and am
checking out the sources for Lazarus 1.4.4 now.

Will build lazarus 1.4.4 using the seed compiler and then build the
program itself. It is just one form with an edit area to write text.
Hopefully this will work without fpc 3.0.0

(Provided I can build Lazarus 1.4.4 of course, since I don't know how
to build a GUI application using just fpc.)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden