[Lazarus] Web vs desktop development

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Mon Jan 18 12:10:01 CET 2016

On 2016-01-18 11:52, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-01-18 10:22, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>> on web much less data ar drawn from serwer
> That is debatable. Back in the day (circa 1994) loading a web page with
> stacks of content was in the region of 100-200KB max. Now you load a
> page with hardly any content and it is a 5-8MB download!! When last did
> you actually measure web traffic in your browser?
I've not talk about webside only  about (my) webapp.
And not about data throughput  only storage information (sorry for
imprecise)
Of course you have to load bitmaps/js/css but only one time.

I've measure web traffic on my application very often:
  most of request are shorter than 1 Ethernet frame,
full page reload  take 100kb.

It is on line demo on which everybody cane try, but in polish.

--
Darek