[Lazarus] Opening non existing files and (not) adding them to the project

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:11:08 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Don't shock me like that, Juha.
>
> The IDE actively asks me whether I want to create a new file if I open a non
> existing one and it should definitely stay that way.

Ok, you and Mattias are right.
The OpenDialog in TMainIDE.mnuOpenClicked has no ofFileMustExist flag.
I got confused with changes I made for Delphi converter dialogs.

Anyway the file open dialogs in GTK2 and QT don't respect the omitted
ofFileMustExist flag. They behave like it was set. That is another bug
clearly.
I got the question about creating a new file only using Windows
version of Lazarus.

Can you find what revision caused the original problem you described?

Juha