[Lazarus] Testing Unicode and Windows system codepage in Lazarus 1.6

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:33:48 CET 2016

On 1/18/16, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> Now that is cynical!

No it is not.
Lazarus has taken the direction of using the new UTF8 system.
Most of us do not use the DisableUtf8 feature at all, since we don't need it.
Hence we have no experience.

Users who want that feature should test it.
Failures will most likely be in cases we cannot think of (or else we
would have fixed it already)

Your testing will give valuable info about bugs, workarounds, caveats etc.
All of which you can add to the wiki, by you, since the wiki belongs
to the community, and you have the proper information.

> For whom is the documentation meant at all?
> Why not drop it and everything is fine?
> The code is there, just read it!

Please stop this kind of ranting.
The only thing you accomplish is that you alienate yourself from us.

Report bugs.
We will try to fix them, which may involve you having to do more tests
(as it has always been).
Provide patches if you can.
Stop complaining about things that are already fixed.
We will work with you, as long as you don't work against us.

Bart