[Lazarus] New menu designer

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Thu Jan 21 14:21:57 CET 2016

On 20/01/16 17:30, Péter Gábor wrote:
> Width of the designed menu must be calculated using the length of
> captions including the lenght of actual translation of "Add menuitem"...
> Otherwise if the menu captions are too short the command's caption will
> not fit.
> See the attached screenshot.
Yes, in the original code the minimum length was based on the (English)
resourcestring length.
I don't know anything about the translation process, or at what stage in
the IDE initialization captions are replaced with translated
resourcestrings.
Is there a standard notification, or other means to respond to a
different-length translated string and force a repaint?
Ondrej introduced an overridden TextChanged method, but this seems not
to be called at the moment it is needed for the translated strings,
because for this it clearly has no effect.

Howard