[Lazarus] Is porting Delphi program using AsyncPro to fpc/laz possible?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:54:01 CET 2016

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:24:51 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>The beauty of AsyncPro is that it provides the same user interface for
>serial and socket component. Hence a serial port could be local or done
>with a "ComServer" device without a problem

That is why the AsyncPro component wound up in my software. This was
in a different piece of code for industrial automation where the
machine tool was available with both RS232 and TCP/IP comm.
But it used the exact same protocol! So the same software was able to
switch between the two ways just by setting a single property on the
component.

Then I used that later on in my own projects too....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden