[Lazarus] Is porting Delphi program using AsyncPro to fpc/laz possible?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:15:19 CET 2016

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:29:56 +0000, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>On 2016-01-21 17:25, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Sizewise this is what I got:
>> pi at rpi2-jessie2:~/dev $ du -sh ./indy10/
>> 77M     ./indy10/
>>
>> So the total download is 77 MB
>
>Yes, and that is only one revision. SVN is terrible!
>
>As far as I remember from SVN, it keeps a full (uncompressed) copy of
>everything you checked out side the hidden ".svn" directory. That's how
>SVN can do a diff comparison.
>
>Git doesn't work like that at all. Git stores history as compressed
>files, and only deltas of each commit - never full copies of managed
>files. The complete history of Indy (in Git) is the size of a single
>revision checkout in SVN.
>

>> So I will make an attempt to copy only the Lib dir to Lazarus
>> components dir (renaming to indy10) and run the install from there.
>
>You don't need to do that. Simply open the indylaz.lpk package and click
>Compile. After that, Lazarus IDE will automatically be able to find the
>Indy source code, no matter the location on your hard drive.

Well,
I did as I said I would before I saw your reply....
So I copied the entire Lib directory over and then renamed to indy10.

And I copied in indylaz.lpk file from your previous message on top of
the one from svn.

Opened it in Lazarus Packages/Open... and hit Use/Install.

Unfortunately it did not build correctly, here is the final error
message:

IdStream.pas(29,3) Fatal: Cannot find IdStreamVCL used by IdStream,
incompatible
ppu=/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6RC2/components/indy10/lib/arm-linux/IdStreamVCL.ppu,
package indylaz

Do you have any idea why this happened?

The offending line IdStream.pas(29,3) looks like this:
uses
{$IFDEF DOTNET}
  IdStreamNET
{$ELSE}
  IdStreamVCL  <== Error here!
{$ENDIF};

This time I went directly ahead to Install and skipped the Compile
button. Could that be the problem?

---- Later:

Well, I did two things:
1) I removed a Lazbuild compile option I had added earlier today to
make Lazarus strip the symbols off of itself when rebuilding.
It was something like
-g- -Xs
It reduces Lazarus size from about 125 Mb to 25 Mb or thereabouts.

2) I hit the Compile button again and it compiled sucessfully.

3) Hit Use/Install and after a while Lazarus closed and reappeared
with the Indy tabs on the palette.

But why are there duplicate tabs like "Indy Clients Protocols (am)"
and "Indy Clients Protocols (nz)"??
American and New Zealand versions or what?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden