[Lazarus] Is porting Delphi program using AsyncPro to fpc/laz possible?

Thu Jan 21 21:33:33 CET 2016

On 2016-01-21 19:15, Bo Berglund wrote:
> So I copied the entire Lib directory over and then renamed to indy10.
>
> And I copied in indylaz.lpk file from your previous message on top of
> the one from svn.
>
> Opened it in Lazarus Packages/Open... and hit Use/Install.
>
> Unfortunately it did not build correctly, here is the final error
> message:

Lazarus Packages (the files it lists) are dependent to a set directory
structure. Because you copied the Lib directory to a new location and
copied the indylaz.lpk in there, now the paths don't match up - so that
explains why it does work.

Simply delete your components/indy/ directory. Open the indylaz.lpk (my
copy) from inside the Indy SVN checkout directory. Click Compile, then
Install. It should work just fine then.

> But why are there duplicate tabs like "Indy Clients Protocols (am)"
> and "Indy Clients Protocols (nz)"??
> American and New Zealand versions or what?

hehehe... As I said, I don't normally install packages into Lazarus, so
I never noticed that. I just tested, and see those in my copy too - no
idea what the 'am' and 'nz' is meant to be. I'll take a look at the
source code later to see if that gives any hints. I don't think it is
country codes though. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/